It will be called 'Splinters'. It is a short story collection of dark fiction, fantasy and horror and it is an honour to be publishing it.
We'd now like you to design the cover.
The winning design will be used on the cover of the book and you will also win £50. That's the kind of money some of us can only dream about.
It is very simple.
Here are the rules.
22, Bradmore Green,
Conditions of Entry
- Artwork can be in any format (drawing, photo, computer generated etc)
- Printed copies of artwork are acceptable. Original artwork need not be submitted.
- All art being submitted must be original and belong to the person submitting it.
- Artwork must be in portrait format. The final work will occupy a standard A5 sized cover but entries can be any size.
- Entries can be sent to the above address by post or emailed as an attachment email@example.com
- Please include name, address, email and/or telephone number and age (if under 18) with your entry. - If your artwork is chosen the original artwork may be needed to ensure that we can obtain a quality scanned image for use on the book cover.
- The winning image may need to be altered to accommodate the title & author's name.
- You can enter as many times as you like.
- All artwork will be judged by a panel of judges, whose decision will be final.
- Closing date for the competition is July 25th 2012.
- The winning artwork will be used as the design on the cover of Splinters, the new short story collection by Joseph D’Lacey being published in September 2012. The artist will be credited inside the book.
- The winning artist will receive £50 and a signed copy of the book.
The more people who know about this the better so please help spread the word.